Wednesday 10 November 2010

Introducing Tea and Crayons - Kayleigh Bluck

Name/Location: 
My name is Kayleigh Bluck and I am from Northampton.




Describe your style and how you work: 
My style is hand drawn (if you can call that a 'style'). My favourite and trusty materials are watercolour and pencil, however 95% of the time my final illustrations come together on photoshop as it allows for flexibilty and slight alterations. I tend to start with a digital draft using image resources which I then work from. The final hand drawn piece is scanned and put into photoshop where I make any alterations/additions to the piece.


What/Who inspires you: 
This question is so hard! I'm inspired by the seasons, the things my cats do, films, music, visits to London, and of course the work of countless other designers, illustrators, and crafters alike. I simply find inspiration in the things I love.


Favourite type of illustration to work on: 
Editorial is most definitely the one for me. Give me an article/topic and I will find an illustrative solution to my best ability.




Proudest moment of my career so far: 
In all honesty my career is in its infancy, so I would have to say my proudest moment was achieving first class honours in my degree. What better way to start?


Ambitions for the next five years: 
For people to know my name. I want to be the name on people's lips when it comes to editorial illustration, with a fabulous portfolio of published work. I know this won't be easy, that's why I'm giving myself five years!


Favourite tea: 
Just normal tea - two sugars, not too weak, not too strong, made by my mum with a slice of marmite on toast :)




Favourite crayon colour: 
Purple




Guilty pleasure: 
Coca cola. So bad for your teeth, full of sugar and caffeine, but I love the stuff.


If you were an animal you would be: 
A cat because they are my absolute favourites. They lounge around all day, come and go as they please - now that's the life!




Cake or curtains: 
Curtains because I wouldn't want people looking through my windows at night and rooms would look pretty odd without them!


Dogs or dancing: 
Dancing. It never fails to make me happy.


Website/Twitter 
Well this list is quite a long one for me...


Web: www.kayleighbluck.co.uk
Blog: www.love2illustrate.blogspot.com
Twitter: www.twitter.com/illustratingkay
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/illustratingkay
Etsy: www.illustratingkay.etsy.com
Folksy: www.folksy.com/shops/illustratingkay

2 comments:

Rachel Lewis Illustration said...

Love it! Good answers ;) That editorial one looks great. xx

Neon Whispers said...

Thanks hun xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...