Saturday 11 February 2012

T&C Inspired: Kerri-Ann Hulme

Hi loves! Hope you're all having a good week.

We invited T&C friend Kerri-Ann Hulme this week to share her wonderfully delicate and beautiful pencil drawings with us. We're adoring the little caspian seal she created for creature mag's endangered animal project and her hand drawn type 'We could be kings and queens'. Kerri-Ann shares alot of the same inspirations through fairytales and story telling as us crayons which is probably why we love her work so much :)






Name
Hello, my name is Kerri-Ann Hulme.

Where are you from: 
I'm from a small town called Widnes in Cheshire.
 
Tell us a little bit about your work: 
I would describe my work as whimsical, which reflects on childhood themes. I am particularly interested in children's books and hope to one day write and illustrate my own story. I love painting with acrylics on a large scale or drawing true to life portraits doing tone and shading with pencils. I'm currently just starting a few personal projects and sorting out my portfolio as it's a new year and time for brand new work. Also, I am one third of the collective Pencils, Paper, Scissors and we have just sent our first collaborative project to the printers and are expecting it back any day now. It is a circus themed colouring book and we are so excited to share it with everyone.

Who, what and/or where inspires you: 
I am inspired by many things including fairytales, magic, animals and people. The golden age illustrators such as Arthur Rackham, Kay Nielsen and Harry Clarke have been one of my main inspirations since I first decided I wanted to illustrate because I find myself getting lost in their pictures as they are so full of beautiful detail. I have recently discovered two amazing book illustrators, the work of Inga Moore (she illustrated The Secret Garden) and Jill Barklem (author and illustrator of the Brambly Hedge children's books), if you love children's books as much as me they are definitely ones to look out for.

What’s your favourite tea:
I don't like tea! :( (It always surprises us when people don't like tea)

Links:
Twitter: @kerriannhulme

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...