Saturday 18 February 2012

T&C Inspired: Ella Kirk

Hi crayonettes! 

Had a good week? Glad it's the weekend? We are, and we've got some lovely visual treats from our friend Ella, textile designer and illustrator, all the way in sunny Canada.  We love her intricate and quirky illustrations, she enjoy's an occasional robot and a mixtape and we love it.
Designing under the alias Milk Milk Lemonade you might've seen Ella's funky and colourful scarves adorning the rails of Topshop Oxford Street. 






Name
Ella Kirk

Where are you from: 
I'm from a teeny town in the countryside in Derbyshire, England but I've lived in Vancouver, Canada for the past year and a bit.
 
Tell us a little bit about your work: 
I studied 'surface pattern design' at Leeds College of Art and Design and like to create patterns and illustrations mainly for fashion textiles under the design name 'Milk Milk Lemonade'. I like to draw animals, robots, household items and insects and love to mash up unexpected item combinations to create quirky and interesting compositions. I also love to use a bit of typography wherever I can.

What’s your favourite tea:
My favourite tea is English Breakfast, or if I'm feeling fancy I'll go for a strawberry and kiwi blend.

Links:

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...