Monday 20 December 2010

Kayleigh illustrates... music

Now this isn't an illustration of lyrics, but it is an illustration of my absolute favourite artist ever - Erykah Badu.



If you haven't listened to her music before then I urge you to. I can't put into words the love I have for Badu's music, from her experimental sounds to her poetic lyrics, I will never tire of her creations. 


I literally waited years for her latest album 'New Amerykah Part II - Return of the Ankh', checking the HMV website month after month for a release date. How could an album live up to such expectations? I don't know, but let me tell you - it most certainly did.




The artwork for both New Amerykah Part I and II is another hi-light for me, with the most fabulous illustrations by the very talented Emek. Be sure to check out both the music and the artwork!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...